About Me

My photo
Ashburn, VA, United States
I am a Freelance Writer and Editor working on my first book! LOVE to read, write and meet interesting people. Mother of two of THE most fabulous children who have ever walked the face of this earth! They are my world and my inspiration. I look forward to using this blog as an opportunity to further enhance my writing skills, build my platform while learning and growing as a writer and as a person. This is a way to share my life experiences and thoughts with others. Welcome to my wacky world!! :-D

Thursday, May 6, 2010

Where does the Love go after the Loss of a Loved One?

What I really mean is what happens to all of the "things" that connect us to our loved ones? For instance, their phone number & home address ~ are we supposed to delete it? What about saved phone messages? A friend and I were recently lamenting over this as we have both lost multiple loved ones. My Father-in-Law, whom I loved dearly just passed away from the insidious disease of Lung Cancer in February. Just like that ~ he was gone! The depth of sadness I feel is still so profound and raw. I have saved all of his messages from the last few months of his life and cannot fathom erasing them. I still can't bring myself to remove (my now deceased friend) Robyn's name from my home phone, I told her. I think of Robyn all the time and she has been gone for 6 years now. Is there ever a proper time to let go? My two cents.

3 comments:

  1. you are not alone...I still keep my dad's telephone numbers and address in my address book. It's been 4 years and it's still fresh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so very much for sharing!! All we can do is take it one day at a time! One of my favorite lines is from a movie called, Someone Like You ~ with Ashley Judd and Hugh Jackman. The line is: "Time wounds, all heals" So very true! I really appreciate your comment

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think we ever completely "let go" of our lost loved ones. If they are related to us biologically of course,genetically we carry a part of them with us and pass that on to future generations. I think that as time goes on we find a place in our hearts, a store house for our memories and in doing so, the memory of our lost loved ones become as much a part of us as any body part we possess. There could come a time when their phone number can be forgotten, their message might be erased, but nothing will ever erase that memory. It will be a part of us until we ourselves become a cherished memory for someone who once loved us.

    ReplyDelete