About Me

My photo
Ashburn, VA, United States
I am a Freelance Writer and Editor working on my first book! LOVE to read, write and meet interesting people. Mother of two of THE most fabulous children who have ever walked the face of this earth! They are my world and my inspiration. I look forward to using this blog as an opportunity to further enhance my writing skills, build my platform while learning and growing as a writer and as a person. This is a way to share my life experiences and thoughts with others. Welcome to my wacky world!! :-D

Friday, May 21, 2010

Are you a suvivor?

When one has been traumatized by the pain of betrayal, disappointment or hurt, it can be a long, arduous road to recovery. Life seems to be spiraling out of control so quickly that you lose your footing and begin to sink deeper and deeper into an endless cesspool of bleak darkness. You are treading in murky waters with your head barely breaking the surface. Your heart races, your pulse quickens as you are in the fight for your life! Every single cell of your very being is sending millions of tiny shock waves ripping through your battered body, mind and spirit. HOLD ON and remain calm in the storm!! Remember that your life vest is tightly strapped on and the life vest is your Faith in God. Now is the time to think quickly and clearly. Ask yourself ~ Am I a survivor? Will I sink further into the undertow or swim against the current? It really depends on whether or not YOU chose to just let go and give up or if you are up to the task, no matter how daunting... We are on a journey ~ the journey called life and it is full of twists and turns meant to confuse and hinder us from reaching the ultimate goal ~ COMPLETE Trust and Faith in our Lord. It is solely up to us if we want to tighten the straps and soldier on by clawing our way back inch by inch or simply become another statistic and give up.....again you MUST ask yourself, Am I a survivor? Do I have the fortitude to withstand a pain that can be so unbearable that it literally knocks you off your feet and takes your very breath away. Are you secure in the knowledge that God's hands are firmly intertwined with yours? It is a true testament of FAITH. We all say we have it ~ but do we? ~ If you are sincerely engaged in your faith ~ then you have the confidence that He will not let go and you will make it through this! I KNOW that I AM A SURVIVOR!! To my babies, CJ and Reilly ~ I love you more than life and to my muse, my morning cup of Joe, you are my inspiration!! Just my two cents...

No comments:

Post a Comment