About Me

My photo
Ashburn, VA, United States
I am a Freelance Writer and Editor working on my first book! LOVE to read, write and meet interesting people. Mother of two of THE most fabulous children who have ever walked the face of this earth! They are my world and my inspiration. I look forward to using this blog as an opportunity to further enhance my writing skills, build my platform while learning and growing as a writer and as a person. This is a way to share my life experiences and thoughts with others. Welcome to my wacky world!! :-D

Friday, May 7, 2010

Happy Mother's Day!!

With Mother's Day rapidly approaching, I just wanted to share of few of my personal experiences and feelings of being blessed enough to be a Mommy AND to still have my Mom with me. Yesterday, my Mom had surgery on her shoulder to repair a torn muscle. I spent the whole day at the hospital anxiously awaiting her surgery and subsequent recovery. I tried to feed off of Mom's positive energy and be her "Brave" Daughter. I must admit however, that while for the most part, I was calm as I knew she was in God's Hands and he had placed her with an outstanding surgeon, the "little girl" in me was still worried about her Mommy.
After seven hours (start to finish) I was able to take Mom home to convalesce. The surgery was a success. Hooray!
Unfortunately, I missed my own beautiful daughter's Mother's Day Celebration at her Preschool. I felt very badly about not being able to attend and prepared her as best I could ahead of time. She's a pretty amazing little girl. She looked deeply into my eyes and said, "Mama I understand. You have to take care of your Mommy." Wow, tears welled up in my eyes because this wondrous little person really understood ~ how much I loved her and how much I loved my mother. I could not be at two places at one time ~ albeit not for lack of trying ~ I needed to make sure my mother pulled through this procedure and my baby girl "got that". How amazing ~ what an old soul she is.
I waited until later in life to have children and I feel absolutely Blessed beyond belief to have not one but two beautiful, intelligent, loving, caring and quite funny at times ~ little mini-me s.
The thing about kids is; They actually teach you how to be a better parent and a better person.
I love everything about being a Mommy (even when I get frustrated by meltdowns,lack of sleep, whining and fighting). My son is 6 1/2 and my daughter just turned 5 years old. We really have so much fun together. I love reading to them; our favorite books right now are: Chicken Said "Cluck", by Judyann Ackerman Grant and The Story of Ferdinad, by Munro Leaf.
We enjoy Chicken Said "Cluck" because both of my children are learning to read on their own and can actually read the story to me. We cook together and they just recently they started a garden with my mother. As much fun as it is for them to watch their hard work pay off (lettuce is sprouting up, radishes, green beans and cucumbers too) ~ My joy is tenfold to be able to watch on a daily basis these two little beings grow and learn. I am a Mommy and a daughter. My point is that I don't need a special day to recognize what God has given me. Life is good ~ God is Good! Yes indeed, I am truly Blessed and full of Bliss!! Happy Mother's Day to Mommies ~ EVERYWHERE. Just my two cents.

No comments:

Post a Comment