About Me

My photo
Ashburn, VA, United States
I am a Freelance Writer and Editor working on my first book! LOVE to read, write and meet interesting people. Mother of two of THE most fabulous children who have ever walked the face of this earth! They are my world and my inspiration. I look forward to using this blog as an opportunity to further enhance my writing skills, build my platform while learning and growing as a writer and as a person. This is a way to share my life experiences and thoughts with others. Welcome to my wacky world!! :-D

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Exhale........

As I sit quietly in my kitchen this afternoon contemplating today's Topic of the Day, I find myself reflecting on the recent events that have literally turned my world; as I once knew it, upside down.

Why did it happen? Why was I betrayed by those who claim to "Love" me? What did I do wrong?.....I think of the damage it has done...I ask God why this happened to me and wait for His answer.

Always in His time yet RIGHT on time ~ I hear the whisper in my ear, "I wanted to give you a present, Kimberly ~ so I wrapped it up with a problem."

Through the searing tears streaming down my cheeks, I realize that God has indeed given me a present ~ Me. I was so busy taking care of everyone else for so many years that I lost track of me and who I am in Him.

The pain of betrayal was so great ~ there were days that it felt as if the flesh was being pulled from my bones. I wept daily...He heard my cries of sorrow. God UNDERSTOOD the depth of my pain and held onto me throughout it all.

This was necessary. He put me back on the path to finding my inner peace, my spirituality, back to finding me.... What a Blessing, for I did not understand it at all until I actually hit rock bottom ~ my Spirit was on EMPTY. I needed to be Renewed.

I never once felt that I was being punished I just felt despair, affliction, a sadness beyond words and honestly at times, I felt alone. Yet it was in those very dark times of loneliness that I knew I was not alone and that my heart was without doubt, open and eagerly ready to receive...my gift of Spiritual Growth. For with pain there is growth ~ and as trivial as it sounds it is true ~ "No pain truly equals no Gain"


What I gained was my sense of self worth again. Freedom from the chains that bound me. I found out who I REALLY am and just what I am made of!! Talk about not your average WAKE UP CALL!! I am not bitter for I have PEACE. Only now ~ after clawing my way back to solid ground can I finally Breathe, I Exhale. Just My Two Cents...

1 comment:

  1. I am very sorry for your pain. I can relate all to well. I hope things get better for you soon my dear. I like your positive attitude in spite of what you are going through. Try to stay strong.

    ReplyDelete