About Me

My photo
Ashburn, VA, United States
I am a Freelance Writer and Editor working on my first book! LOVE to read, write and meet interesting people. Mother of two of THE most fabulous children who have ever walked the face of this earth! They are my world and my inspiration. I look forward to using this blog as an opportunity to further enhance my writing skills, build my platform while learning and growing as a writer and as a person. This is a way to share my life experiences and thoughts with others. Welcome to my wacky world!! :-D

Saturday, June 5, 2010

The Calm before the Storm......

When it rains it pours so when the hell is the thunderstorm that's going on in my life going to end?

Have you ever noticed the eerie silence right before a storm hits? It is so quiet that it is almost deafening. There is such a strange feeling of calm; but deep beneath the surface of your soul, you KNOW what is to come.

You are about to come face to face with pure EVIL. You cannot run, you cannot hide ~ you MUST remain where you are, with your feet planted firmly on the ground. Faith and experience tell you, "Fear no evil; for Thou art with me." (Psalm 23:4)

But what happens when you ARE afraid? Surely God will sustain you through the driving rain, so fierce that, at times it feels like hot spears piercing your skin; burning their way through to your bones.

It hurts so much that the emotional pain actually feels physical. The wind howls incessantly around you almost swallowing you whole. Will it ever end? What can we do to weather this storm? How do we remain calm? Is it okay to be afraid even though you have Faith? Just My Two Cents.........

No comments:

Post a Comment