About Me

My photo
Ashburn, VA, United States
I am a Freelance Writer and Editor working on my first book! LOVE to read, write and meet interesting people. Mother of two of THE most fabulous children who have ever walked the face of this earth! They are my world and my inspiration. I look forward to using this blog as an opportunity to further enhance my writing skills, build my platform while learning and growing as a writer and as a person. This is a way to share my life experiences and thoughts with others. Welcome to my wacky world!! :-D

Saturday, June 19, 2010

Picking up the pieces......

Once you have been deeply wounded, it is difficult to say the least, to even fathom trusting again. Speaking from personal experience, I am here to tell you that not only is it possible but essential to your healing and spiritual growth!!

You cannot let the past dictate the course of your future. Never regret what you have said or done, regret what you DID NOT say or do.

Forget the memories that tore your heart apart in the first place. That's right ~ let them go!! Pick up the pieces one day at a time and move on.

Focus on the lessons. What have you gained from the pain you've endured? You are in the process of changing and evolving so embrace the "new you".

Look to what the future has to offer; it is there, shining BRIGHTLY ~ yours for the taking....Just reach for it! Are you a survivor? If the answer is yes, then KNOW that YOU WILL NOT BE DEFEATED!

You may fall down, but all you have to do is grab hold of God's hand for it is there, waiting for you to take hold of and help pick you up again! No matter what life throws at you, it is imperative to KNOW your inner strength and fortitude.

Do not be afraid to love again. I know the road to self discovery is a long, arduous and most often painful journey. Finding your true self will make the journey that much sweeter.

The first step starts with forgiving those who have wronged you. The second step is crucial and probably a little difficult, but you must give yourself permission to "forgive you", for you have not failed!

Next, learn to love yourself. Answer this question, "Do you have the courage to love the untamed you ~ unconditionally and can you be who you REALLY want to be"? If so, it is THEN that you can truly experience real FREEDOM!!

You've got to take chances, you MUST be willing to RISK losing it all. So my friends, close your eyes and take that leap ~ it just might be worth the fall! For me, my happy ending is simply moving on and LOVING the WOMAN I AM no matter what anyone else might think! Oh, one last thing, "Life is 10% of what happens to you and 90% of how you react to it." Charles R. Swindoll ~ Just my two cents....

2 comments:

  1. After everything I have been reading on your Blog, it is nice to see that you are getting stronger. I wish you the best and I really enjoy reading what you have to say. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A sincere thank you for taking the time to comment, Nic. As always, my goal is to inspire and encourage others through my own personal experiences! I also Thank you for your kind words. ;-D I just take it one day at a time for that is all I can do. PLEASE keep reading!! God Bless!!

    ReplyDelete