About Me

My photo
Ashburn, VA, United States
I am a Freelance Writer and Editor working on my first book! LOVE to read, write and meet interesting people. Mother of two of THE most fabulous children who have ever walked the face of this earth! They are my world and my inspiration. I look forward to using this blog as an opportunity to further enhance my writing skills, build my platform while learning and growing as a writer and as a person. This is a way to share my life experiences and thoughts with others. Welcome to my wacky world!! :-D

Monday, June 14, 2010

Life's Road Map

Sometimes the worst thing that happens to you can actually be the best thing for you, as long as you do not let it get the BEST of you!

I am finding that to be so very true ~ especially in spite of the horrific things that have happened in my life recently. I was in such a state of shock at my now estranged husband's betrayal.

How could I have been so stupid?! I was angry, blind-sided, in denial, and mired down in the muck from the pain. A pain so intense that it often manifested itself physically.

The unbearable ache in my heart ~ actually felt as if arrows were piercing at and tearing into my soul. My whole body ached and I WEPT deeply. The tears burned through my cheeks......it was just plain gut wrenching. To say I was lost, off track ~ well, that is quite the understatement.

But let me say this first ~ NEVER once did I doubt my faith nor did I feel any shame! Hell yes, I wanted to know why this was happening to me and how this "man" who claimed to love me caused me so much pain and distress!

Had I somehow done to something to motivate his behavior? I've been through tough times before, but nothing like this. How was I going to pull though? I caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror and saw that I was becoming a shell of who I once was.

I felt empty, fragile and very vulnerable. "SNAP out of it!" I screamed at myself. Sometimes I felt like life was mocking me ~ the only thing I was able to manage was to do what was familiar to me.

So I relied heavily on my faith, turning to my well-worn bible ~ frantically scouring my favorite passages for reasons why, why, WHY?!! Oh God ~ How I NEEDED ANSWERS!!

I devoured self-help books and wrote down my feelings daily. During one of those panic driven quests for God knows what ~ SOMETHING clearly stood out ~ I realized that no matter what, I am who I am ~ Take it or leave it!!

I MUST to be true to myself no matter what anyone says ~ NO APPROVAL needed!! I know this will not get the BEST of me! I still have many questions and I understand that I may never get them all answered in this lifetime, but this much I do know ~ God has a plan for each of us.

When He wants to Bless us; to get our attention ~ He wraps up His plan with a problem. The messier the problem, the bigger the BLESSING!!

Okay ~ so now what? What does that mean? Well, for starters, we have to BELIEVE and follow His road map ~ directions can be found RIGHT in front of you! My directions are my two beautiful children.

I look into their eyes and I instinctively KNOW ~ I MUST without a doubt, be strong for them ~ they depend on Mama for everything ~ as all children do. My role as a mother is very precious to me for Motherhood is such a wondrous GIFT!

My children did not ask for this ~ not that I did; but they are the innocents....my job, my priority is to PROTECT them!! But sometimes I hear this little voice in my mind asking, "Who is going to protect me"? Dare I ask that and still remain true to my faith?

Okay, yes my life has been pain-ridden lately. I fully recognize that there are people far worse off than me so I keep this in mind at all times to refrain from a self-induced "Pity Party".

With each new day, the sadness slowly fades. I have a renewed insight, inner-strength and even some peace. I WILL NOT BE DEFEATED!! Yep, I will fall down but I shall rise again!

I have learned so much from this experience. My journey it seems, is just beginning and I continue to grow as a woman and as a mother. Guess what else? It is okay to ask 'why" ~ I have my road map right in front of me and All I have to do is reach for it.

I take each day as it comes, soaking up every new lesson life is determined to teach me. The hole on my heart is still there..and it still bleeds but it is healing, slowly but surely.

With each day, comes new promise. I am free to forgive and move on with no malice or anger but I will not forget and that is alright too. I cannot wait to see what lies ahead. I have no regrets, I have HOPE. When I look into the beautiful faces of my children, I am confidant that I am on the right road and my BEST is yet to come! Just my Two Cents........

3 comments:

  1. You are a very bitter and ugly woman. How are you inspiring anyone by bashing your ex Husband and quoting scripture? But, I pray for you, your ex and your kids. Rethink your purpose.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for your comment! My goal is and will ALWAYS remain to inspire others. Based on the amount of positive feedback I receive, I know I am doing just that!! What amazes me though, is how someone who knows absolutely nothing about me has the audacity to call me bitter and ugly yet NOT have the COURAGE to leave their name!! By the way, your veiled attempt to disguise your weakness by passing judgment is laughable. Is this the best you've got COWARD? The TRUTH speaks for itself, I do not need to bash my estranged husband and I DO NOT need prayers from non-believers, save them for yourself and your very troubled son ~ CLEARLY you are filled with HATE and are to be pitied. YOU should RETHINK your purpose. You have NO power over me and will NEVER be able to DEFEAT me nor sabotage the good that I have accomplished. I will, however pray for you that you get the help you so desperately need. I am a child of God, Blessed with two BEAUTIFUL children and a gift to help inspire others ~ you CANNOT touch that HATER! I am HAPPY to be who God wants me to be ~ NOT who you want me to be. Your spineless criticism only servers to make me STRONGER and be advised that you are doing yourself a disservice to mistake my kindness for weakness for it is BECAUSE of your WEAKNESS that I am kind ~ cause I could BLAST you ~ I KNOW who you are!! YEP ~ That's just how I Roll!!! Thanks again for the comment!! ;-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW, now this is getting really good! For the record, I enjoy reading your Blog. The comment left by "Anonymous" was so obviously left by someone who has animosity for you, possibly because they are a friend or family member of your husband. Sorry, meant to say estranged. They wanted to hurt you by calling you names like ugly and bitter. Personally, I think you are beautiful. I have read and reread your postings (this one in particular) and cannot find anywhere you have bashed him but it just proves in my mind what the reason was behind the stupid comment. Good for you for standing up to the "spineless coward" as you put it. You have been through so much. They don't call jealously the "green-eyed monster" for nothing! Keep on writing, girl.
    p.s. I am not afraid to leave my name.

    ReplyDelete