About Me

My photo
Ashburn, VA, United States
I am a Freelance Writer and Editor working on my first book! LOVE to read, write and meet interesting people. Mother of two of THE most fabulous children who have ever walked the face of this earth! They are my world and my inspiration. I look forward to using this blog as an opportunity to further enhance my writing skills, build my platform while learning and growing as a writer and as a person. This is a way to share my life experiences and thoughts with others. Welcome to my wacky world!! :-D

Friday, June 11, 2010

Is it really possible to Forgive when you cannot Forget?

When someone you have trusted from your inner most circle betrays you, how can you really forgive them if you cannot forget the egregious act they have committed against you?

This is not a question to be taken lightly. It truly requires some deep reflection. Recently, I have been very distracted often finding myself wondering if Jesus was really able to "Forget" Judas' disloyalty...Of course, he forgave him and all the others who had turned against him ~ but did he really FORGET what they did?

Is that really even important? So many questions ~ so few answers. As by now, most of you know my faith is very important to me.

From the time I was a child I was taught never to hate anyone and to FORGIVE. I have always heeded those words with the utmost conviction. I listen when people have said things to me (and I am sure to quite a few of you) like, "Life is too short."

"Don't hold onto anger." But where does the hurt, pain, sadness and vulnerability go? No one really wants to walk around angry and bitter because someone "done them wrong." I get that!

You must move past the anger and forgive or you will be one miserable soul and let's face it, there are enough of "those" people around anyway. I just need to understand how to move on when you cannot FORGET...... I do not hate anyone.

I have come to terms with what has happened. Some people have suffered far worse than what I have experienced. Have they forgotten? My soul still burns with the question, "How can one truly Forgive if they cannot Forget?"

I would really love some feedback on this folks and am open to any suggestions. Life is to be lived to its fullest potential and I embrace that so, help me out ~ please. Just my two cents....

3 comments:

  1. The only thing I think I can offer you is really not to forget. Definitely forgive, but I do not think you can really forget. we are humans after all. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sorry for what you have been through.
    we are not all like that. I am going through a divorce too and I dig your positive attitude. I don't know of I can forget or forgive. I have not experienced what you have, but it is cool to know that I am not alone. I like to read about what you have to say next time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both for your comments. They are much appreciated! I am trying to live my life the way that God wants me to as he leads me. I have forgiven Jon, but I will not forget, for it is a lesson learned. God Bless you both!!

    ReplyDelete