About Me

My photo
Ashburn, VA, United States
I am a Freelance Writer and Editor working on my first book! LOVE to read, write and meet interesting people. Mother of two of THE most fabulous children who have ever walked the face of this earth! They are my world and my inspiration. I look forward to using this blog as an opportunity to further enhance my writing skills, build my platform while learning and growing as a writer and as a person. This is a way to share my life experiences and thoughts with others. Welcome to my wacky world!! :-D

Sunday, April 3, 2011

The Short and Sweet

One of several lessons I have learned and want to share with you today is that you cannot live your life for others. Your soul and your heart belong to God and to you only.

Thankfully, my healing has begun and for some reason, music has helped play a huge role. It is soothing, and has helped to energize and inspire me whilst I heal.

I believe that music gives our soul to the universe; wings to our mind and life to everything. Oh, how very important it is to always have a clear mind.

Something else that I have learned: Accept your part in the the things that have happened in your life and FORGIVE yourself as well as those who have caused you harm. When you can do this, you will move on. So claim it, even say it out loud! "I AM MOVING ON!!" What a glorious feeling!

Remember, we are all human, and as such, we make mistakes. Sometime those mistakes make us sad and throw us off balance a little. It's okay, for it is the sadness that makes us human. The beauty is that the mistakes WILL make you wiser if you are willing to receive the message.

We are all where we are supposed to be in our lives right now. Accept it and embrace it for there is always something to be gained by what our experiences can teach us. The sadness will eventually go, and give way to happiness.

One last thing to share; something that a high school friend of mine posted on her face book page recently and it really made me laugh.

"Women are Angels, and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...on a broomstick. We are flexible like that!" Thank you Stacey for helping to bring my sense of humor back and understanding that even when you hurt, you WILL laugh again. Like it always will, time moves you on.

The short and sweet of my message today is simply this; Peace be with you, never give up hope and may love reside in your heart always! Just My Two Cents...

2 comments:

  1. O ma God, i just love this post. Some self-reflections could be spotted. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much!! Your words of encouragement keep me going!! :-D

    ReplyDelete