About Me

My photo
Ashburn, VA, United States
I am a Freelance Writer and Editor working on my first book! LOVE to read, write and meet interesting people. Mother of two of THE most fabulous children who have ever walked the face of this earth! They are my world and my inspiration. I look forward to using this blog as an opportunity to further enhance my writing skills, build my platform while learning and growing as a writer and as a person. This is a way to share my life experiences and thoughts with others. Welcome to my wacky world!! :-D

Monday, April 4, 2011

If love is a Battlefield, why hide your scars?

I must confess, I AM a true 80's child. The music reminds me of my hopes and dreams and how in my naive youth, I just KNEW that one day, I would make a difference in this world! The irony is that because of my battle, in my own way, I am doing just that; making my impact!

One of my favorites was and still is, "Love Is A Battlefied" by Pat Benatar. I remember getting all pumped up and excited about her message of empowerment to women! We are tough, we are strong, and we do not have to sit back and suffer in silence! Yes at times; love can be a battlefield. So we must stand up, and not be afraid to have our say, or make changes if necessary.

While driving back from my dermatologist's office this morning; I am trying to remove a scar which occurred during my tumultuous marriage, her song came on and as I sang along to the words, I started to wonder the real reason for me wanting to "hide my scar"?? I have absolutely nothing to be ashamed of.

In any battle, you will be wounded, be it physically, emotionally or even spiritually. So it got me to thinking, if love really is a battlefield, and you are strong (as the song says), your battle most likely will have produced a few scars, but the message resonates loud and clear: you came out of it ~ VICTORIOUS!
So why hide your scars? Instead, be proud, you fought the good fight, you are the winner and what's a little scar anyway? Just My Two Cents...

1 comment:

  1. I like this post and I like Pat Benatar. Good insight.

    ReplyDelete