About Me

My photo
Ashburn, VA, United States
I am a Freelance Writer and Editor working on my first book! LOVE to read, write and meet interesting people. Mother of two of THE most fabulous children who have ever walked the face of this earth! They are my world and my inspiration. I look forward to using this blog as an opportunity to further enhance my writing skills, build my platform while learning and growing as a writer and as a person. This is a way to share my life experiences and thoughts with others. Welcome to my wacky world!! :-D

Friday, April 8, 2011

"Clear the Mechanism"

Remember the movie "For The Love Of The Game", starring the eternally gorgeous Kevin Costner? It's a love story about a 40 year old Baseball legend named Billy Chapel who is at a crossroads in his life. We have all been there to some degree or another. Unsure of what lies ahead for us.

The plot summary, as written by Erwin van Moll (max404@hotmail.com) describes it best in his review: "A Baseball legend almost finished at the age of forty has one last chance to prove who he is, what he is capable of, and win the heart of the woman he has loved for the past four years."

In the movie, Costner's character often uses the term "Clear the Mechanism" to block out the "clutter" in his head and focus on the game. I feel compelled to share a wonderful lesson I have learned from those three little words.

When at a crossroads, faced with one of life's many challenges, or letting go of and healing past hurts, my recent experiences have shown me that the only way to move forward is to have a clear, focused mind.

In life, we tend to carry with us, excess baggage from our past. This negative energy drains us and can actually impede our ability to move beyond our past and embrace our future.

It is time to let go of all of the pain and fear that scar our souls, moreover, it will surely block our blessings if we do not rid it from our lives, NOW.

Our scars remind us that the past was real. The pain suffered is the price we pay to learn the lesson(s). If you do not learn, you are doomed to repeat the cycle. How can you heal? How can you grow? First and foremost, FORGIVE yourself. Then you can focus on forgiving others.

Letting go is easier said than done. However, it is absolutely essential and necessary to "sweep out" the negative forces that are preventing you from healing and restoring the balance back in your life. How can this be accomplished?

Once again, speaking only from personal experience, I have learned to simply, "Clear the Mechanism. Just My Two Cents...

No comments:

Post a Comment