About Me

My photo
Ashburn, VA, United States
I am a Freelance Writer and Editor working on my first book! LOVE to read, write and meet interesting people. Mother of two of THE most fabulous children who have ever walked the face of this earth! They are my world and my inspiration. I look forward to using this blog as an opportunity to further enhance my writing skills, build my platform while learning and growing as a writer and as a person. This is a way to share my life experiences and thoughts with others. Welcome to my wacky world!! :-D

Friday, December 31, 2010

Put the past where it belongs ~ in the past

With the New Year rapidly approaching, I spent a few quiet moments this morning reflecting on this past year, thinking about all that has happened and the lessons I have learned.

First and foremost, I have closed the door to pain, suffering, bitterness and anger. I will no longer allow myself to be the victim. There have been way too many lows, but thankfully there HAVE been enough highs to pull me from the darkness into the light.

I do not have all of the answers but understand that while I have been knocked all the way down ~ I'm still standing!! I feel a great sense of pride in knowing that I am a survivor!

Yes, I am thankful for the bad times, for I have gained so much power and inner strength from them.

Speaking of bad times ~ I have come to embrace them and have made my peace, for without them I would not have had the opportunity to see just what I am truly made of!

Will I ever love again? YES, absolutely!! I already am and I realize that I must take it one day at a time. I am open and ready to receive God's grace. I know He has a plan for me, a special someone in mind for me ~ He is revealing it to me slowly as it should be, for patience is a virtue and another lesson I've had to learn.

Life goes on and in order to be a part of it, I recognize that I must move on with it. That happens by letting go of old hurt and anger and allowing myself the beauty and freedom to forgive.

Remember, the most important thing any of us can do is to breathe, know that we have made it through the most difficult part by swallowing life's bitter pill.

No good can come of reliving all of the pain and angst you have suffered. Realize that "bad things" happen for a reason ~ to help you grow, become stronger and wiser than you ever thought you could be.

In spite of the hurt, you must also allow yourself to be open to the new possibilities and opportunities. Courage is about taking risks. With Great Love comes Great Risk ~ I am ready! In order to receive all of the good that God has in store for you are you willing to risk? If so, then put the past where it belongs ~ IN THE PAST. Happy New Year! Just My Two Cents...

No comments:

Post a Comment