About Me

My photo
Ashburn, VA, United States
I am a Freelance Writer and Editor working on my first book! LOVE to read, write and meet interesting people. Mother of two of THE most fabulous children who have ever walked the face of this earth! They are my world and my inspiration. I look forward to using this blog as an opportunity to further enhance my writing skills, build my platform while learning and growing as a writer and as a person. This is a way to share my life experiences and thoughts with others. Welcome to my wacky world!! :-D

Saturday, August 21, 2010

Letting go of the Bitterness

Holding on to bitterness and anger not only leaves a sour taste in your mouth but will also suck the very life out of you!

In an effort to heal, PLEASE ~ Take a deep breath, bite your tongue, be the ADULT and FORGIVE ~ just do not forget!!

Forgiveness is the hardest part but it can be done! As my divorce progresses toward what seems like forever to end, I have had to learn the hard way to bite my tongue ~ trust me, I have several bite marks to prove my point!! lol

At first, I was devastated and hurt by the horrible things the monster I had been married to had done and tried to do to me. I was broken. But once I got my strength back, I became angry AND bitter. However, it came at a cost!! I was turning into someone I did not like and that price was too high for me to pay!

Once things calmed down, I knew that if I was going to move beyond this and be the better person, I HAD to let go of the bitterness! I found that the only way for me to accomplish this was to totally let God step in and take over.

Now, I am in the process of moving on to the bigger and better things that God has planned for me. The road has been long and arduous, but I am almost there...Just My Two Cents...

No comments:

Post a Comment