About Me

My photo
Ashburn, VA, United States
I am a Freelance Writer and Editor working on my first book! LOVE to read, write and meet interesting people. Mother of two of THE most fabulous children who have ever walked the face of this earth! They are my world and my inspiration. I look forward to using this blog as an opportunity to further enhance my writing skills, build my platform while learning and growing as a writer and as a person. This is a way to share my life experiences and thoughts with others. Welcome to my wacky world!! :-D

Saturday, September 25, 2010

Sprits in a material world

Remember the Police song, "Spirits in a Material World"? Well, I just happened to overhear it playing in the background the other day and it brought to mind how temporary our time here on earth really is. As such, we can choose our time wisely and learn some of the many wonderful, sometimes painful, bittersweet yet necessary lessons that life has to offer. Or, we can continue to simply be empty shells and move though life learning nothing at all. It is our choice.

We are not human beings going through a temporary spiritual experience rather, we are spiritual beings going through a temporary human experience.

I would not trade one of my lessons I have learned and the value of life it has taught me for anything in the world. This has indeed been a tough year for me but, I have gained so much through the pain, the tears and yes, even the laughter. I am tremendously blessed to have been through the fire ~ because I have come out on the other side, stronger, wiser and happier than ever!

Think about it. If we are lucky enough to be on this earth for any length of time at all, there are so many opportunities to learn and grow spiritually before we can move on to the next realm. So, we really are spirits moving about in a material world trying to fulfill our predetermined destiny before our time here has expired. Heavy, I know. But definitely food for thought. Just My Two Cents....

No comments:

Post a Comment