About Me

My photo
Ashburn, VA, United States
I am a Freelance Writer and Editor working on my first book! LOVE to read, write and meet interesting people. Mother of two of THE most fabulous children who have ever walked the face of this earth! They are my world and my inspiration. I look forward to using this blog as an opportunity to further enhance my writing skills, build my platform while learning and growing as a writer and as a person. This is a way to share my life experiences and thoughts with others. Welcome to my wacky world!! :-D

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Thank you Mr. Evers

Medagar Evers taught us many valuable lessons, in life and subsequently in his death.

One of the most profound which resonates with me especially because of all of the hurt, anger, betrayal and pain I have endured is: "When you hate, the only person who suffers is YOU ~ because most of the people you hate don't know it and the others don't care." How very poignant and simplistic!

Thank you Mr. Evers for helping me remember why I should forgive those who have hurt me. I am not a victim. I am a survivor and for the record, I do not hate anyone ~ but I shall never forget. Rest in Peace, Mr. Evers and God Bless you for teaching so many such a beautiful, yet very valuable lesson. Just My Two Cents...

No comments:

Post a Comment