About Me

My photo
Ashburn, VA, United States
I am a Freelance Writer and Editor working on my first book! LOVE to read, write and meet interesting people. Mother of two of THE most fabulous children who have ever walked the face of this earth! They are my world and my inspiration. I look forward to using this blog as an opportunity to further enhance my writing skills, build my platform while learning and growing as a writer and as a person. This is a way to share my life experiences and thoughts with others. Welcome to my wacky world!! :-D

Monday, January 10, 2011

When opportunity knocks...

Sometimes, in life, it can most challenging when you are surrounded by the "Naysayers" as I like to call them.

These are people, some in your own inner circle that will say negative things about you and or your abilities. They will try to bring you down or cause you to doubt yourself.

Life is full of ups and downs but this much I know to be true, I AM the BEST I can be. That is good enough for me and what I strive for.

Yes, sometimes I will get knocked down or fall on my own ~ The GREAT thing to keep in mind however, during these times is that it is not how many times you go down. Rather, it is to KNOW that you WILL get back up!

The fall is especially painful when it comes from someone close to you but just remain steadfast in your convictions, have faith no matter what is said and perhaps most importantly, BELIEVE ~ in you.

Remember, opportunities surround you if you know where to look. Are you going to just sit there and let one pass you by just because someone said you can't do it? I am here to tell you otherwise!

Do not let anyone or anything get the best of you. Been there. Done that. People HAVE said it to me. I am here because I will turn over every nook and cranny to find my opportunities and I absolutely refuse to let anyone seize the best from me.

Sometimes the second chance might not come around for awhile, if it comes at all. So, when opportunity knocks ~ take a risk and open the door! Just My Two Cents...

No comments:

Post a Comment